Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Mothers and Daughters

Since we can comment on other topics, I would like to share my feelings about being away from my daughter at Thanksgiving. Originally, I didn't think I would mind not seeing my daughter on this holiday. After all, Christmas is coming soon and she will be home for a whole week! I look forward to that week and am enjoying thinking and planning things that we can do together. But I still missed my daughter on Thanksgiving.

Moving to Boston was a good move for her. She has a decent job and it enjoying her life there. Most of the time I feel good about the choice she made. But every so often, I get selfish and I want to have my Katie at home with me. I love to take her shopping and buy her things. I cannot do that when we are so far apart. I wanted to go out for dinner tonight, thought of Katie and felt the loneliness of a mother so distant in space from her daughter. Thank goodness we are close in spirit!

Yes my daughter, I would like to continue this blog and post more often.